Plan Your Ministry 5


Jeremiah 29:11

As an adult I love most vegetables and I have taken on much healthier eating habits in the past year than I have ever had. But when I was a child I was just like any other kid. I hated vegetables and sometimes wondered if my mother was actually trying to poison me by making me eat some of those strange things on the table.

Of course she was not trying to poison me. In fact, just the opposite was true. She wanted me to eat well so I would be healthy and strong. So often our present circumstances keep us from seeing the good intentions meant for us.

There are many times when we may question what is happening around us and what is happening in our society or our very church. Does God want evil to prevail? Does God want the church to fall apart?

No, of course not. God wants what is best for us and wants the good and holy work of His church to succeed. This sentiment is pointed out in this passage from Jeremiah. What does God know? What assurance does He give?

This was the message for the Israelites living in exile, living a life with little hope. They felt defeated and lost. But God reminded the people through His prophet that God had plans for them – good plans, plans of hope and prosperity.

We may need to remember this assurance from God ourselves. God knows what the future holds. He wants us to succeed and be happy and holy. He has plans for us – big plans of accomplishment and success.

We may not understand what God is doing all the time, but we must trust that His plans are for our good, for a bright and hopeful future. We may not understand what we are to do, but we must trust that God’s plans are for the good and we should live out those plans.

How can we get to this future God has for us? God has the plans for our future; we simply need to get those plans from God. Through prayer and diligent seeking we can learn the plans God has for us and then live them out. Through careful organization and prayerful thinking we can set our ministries into motion to serve God and humanity and to glorify the Lord.

With the right source of inspiration, the right attitude and approach, we can live into the bright future God has planned for us.

DAILY CHALLENGE: What plans does God have for you?

No comments: