Humility 5


Jude 20-21

Prayer is one of the first parts of my day. There are times when I get caught up doing this thing or that, but as soon as I remember that I need to pray I stop what I am doing and spend some time with God. This gives me strength. This gives me clarity in my thinking. This gives me spiritual focus.

This letter from Jude warns about those who have gone or will go in their own ways spiritually. What instruction is offered? What encouragement does he give?

Being a Christian and remaining obedient to God is no easy task. Although it may be our greatest desire, it is so easy to become distracted by other things. It is so easy to get caught up in what we are doing we forget why we are doing it and where we receive our ability.

This happens to individuals. It happens to churches. It can even happen to entire denominations.

To avoid allowing our work to become the center of our focus, we must turn to God first and build ourselves up in the Spirit and love of God. To avoid allowing the pride of our past to make us stagnant and exclusionary in our attitudes and behavior, we must be humble before God and ask for His guidance. Before we become inflexible in our attitudes and actions, we should bow before the Lord and ask for Him to direct us.

As we face a time of vacation and relaxation, perhaps a time of declining attendance and a break from ministries, let us keep in mind the power of God and the strength of His love. May we remain humble before our Lord and dedicated to His work.

DAILY CHALLENGE: How can you keep yourself in God’s love?



This is the last in our series of the 10/2 Grow Daily Devotions for this spring. We will resume on August 31. We pray that God will bless you and be with you over the summer months, and we encourage each of you to invite someone to sign up for our daily devotion.

Peace. – Peggy and Roger Emerson

No comments: