TFC 5


1 Chronicles 16:23-24

I’m not much of a singer and I get the impression that a good number of our church members do not enjoy singing either. Actually, for me, it isn’t that I don’t enjoy singing, it is just that I know I am not very good at it, so I don’t sing much.

But I do love music. It is through music in fact that I most often feel able to worship God. Praise songs and hymns lift my spirits easily and allow me to feel a closeness to God.

It has been pointed out that the Bible frequently talks about singing to God without ever specifying that you should sing well. What are we instructed to do?

This is a psalm that was written by David. It seems evident that this is a breaking forth of joy on David’s part. He had so much gratitude and praise for God that he couldn’t contain himself any more.

We need to be able to do that now and then. We should be so filled with joy and excitement that we break forth in song praising God even if we can’t sing. Our love and adoration, our gratitude, should break loose from inside us at times and cause us to at least join in the singing and music of those who do have talent.

Being a child of God, being a person who was saved by Christ, should be reason enough to be happy and excited. Sometimes we forget how much God loves us and how much He is worthy of praise. As Christians we need to “sing to the Lord,” “declare his glory,” and “proclaim his salvation.” We need to speak up (or sing) about how wonderful God is.

DAILY CHALLENGE: How can you declare God’s glory in your life?

No comments: